Saturday, August 11, 2012

Meetcha Day

I wanted to send you a quick little update on our first full day here. Please go easy on picking out the errors, I am a little tired. ;) We had our "Meetcha Day" today. This is how it went....

We arrived late Friday night to an itenirary that said we had to go to the museum the next morning and lunch before we would go to the transition home to see Sunshine. My heart dropped a little. It would be another 15 hours before I would see her. It was not in my control and I knew the time would happen so I would just have to be patient. The next morning it was made clear why we had to wait. There were two more families that arrived this morning and they wanted to see their kiddos as much as we did. However, they needed time to refresh from their flights and unpack a bit. So off to the musuem. I learned a little bit more about Ethiopian history which was nice but butterflies were starting to creep in as time moved on. Flutter, Flutter, Flutter...

We went to lunch at a fantastic Italian restaurant. Italian, you say, why yes! It was delicious and we were surrounded with great company. I managed to swallow a few bites without it making its way back up due to nerves but it was nice to get some food. Then it was time, lunch was over and it was time to make the drive to the transition house. Flutter, Flutter, Double Time Flutter.....

We drove into the complex and I felt that my ability to control my emotions was slowly unraveling as we pulled into the gate and parked the van. My hands were sweaty and my heart was racing. What if she did not like us?? Do I run to her? Do I hold her? Oh, I just want to hold her.

All four families stood anxiously awaiting their child. We went in alphabetical order and we would be second. We watched as the first family greeted their precious kiddos. It was a beautiful sight. Soon, it was our turn. My thoughts were racing and tears were beginning to well. Without giving much info on Sunshine, she has had a rough life and has grown fond of several workers and they have grown fond of her. They have been excited for her as she received parents and several of them came out to see her reaction as she first saw us. It was then that I saw that beautiful face peek out from the door, with bright yellow sunglasses on, of course!! I broke as she came running towards me and lept into my arms like she had been waiting for us her whole life. I held her and bawled as she held me tight. She then leaned over and grabbed Pete and went into his arms. We just looked at each other in wonder as God was now creating a new path for our family with this precious new member. We had fun today and I wish I could share so many pictures but that time will come. For now, I leave you with this sneek peak!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet day! Praise God! I'm crying lots of happy tears over here for your sweet family. Can't wait to read the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying...obviously. :)
    You told this story effortlessly. Oh Kristin, it is beautifully written, richly descriptive, and raw of beautiful heart. I could actually envision everything you were describing - that's how rich. And oh that only made it so much easier to catch 1% of the 1 million % emotions you were experiencing. So here I am, hours and hours of time difference, leagues away, continents separate - and I cry with you. Tears of incandescent joy. To say I LOVE this sneak preview picture is a gross understatement. It's perfection. It's everything it should be. And my dear sister, so.are.you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're overwhelmed w/ joy for your family. What a beautiful picture of the Lords tender care. We're praying for all of you.

    Love,
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel soooooo very blessed to have been able to take pictures for you of that special meeting!!! God is sooooooooo good!!!! ~Pam~

    ReplyDelete